Get a real head start in the Australian work place with this program designed to give you your first taste of the Australian work environment. Even if you have never worked or have very limited experience this program is for you. All you need is a real desire to gain valuable work experience that will launch you into more professional opportunities.
Our team of dedicated consultants will arrange work experience opportunities that will develop skills, build confidence and add vital work experience to your resume.
The Program Includes:
- In retail, administration, hospitality
- Creating professional resumes and cover letters
- Essential interviewing skills
- Understanding Australian workplace culture
- Fundamental office procedures
Free Training (where required)
- Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA), which is a government requirement for anyone working in a restaurant or serving alcohol
- Barista Course, to gain skills in fundamental espresso coffee preparation
All students are fully covered under our comprehensive accident and public liability insurance.
Comparable programs are valued at $A1,600 but for all JCU Brisbane students … its free!
Head Start program allows flexibility with start dates and hours worked, plus no GPA (Grade Point Average) is required to be eligible to enter the program.
Interested in a work experience program, or want more information?